I am a Ph.D. student at UWaterloo advised by Prof. Semih Salihoglu.
I am a member of the Data Systems Group and I work on Graphflow, an active graph database.
Email / Résumé / Github / Twitter
I am interested in various models and applications of data systems.
My current work focuses on optimizations for query execution and development of auxiliary data structures to evaluate graph database queries efficiently.
The Ubiquity of Large Graphs and Surprising Challenges of Graph Processing
Siddhartha Sahu, Amine Mhedhbi, Semih Salihoglu, Jimmy Lin, M. Tamer Özsu. In Proc. International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), Rio de Janeiro, August 2018. Best Paper Award.
Graphflow: An Active Graph Database
Chathura Kankanamge, Siddhartha Sahu, Amine Mhedhbi, Jeremy Chen, and Semih Salihoglu. In Proc. ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD) (Demonstration Track), May 2017
Professional & Research Experiences
- Technology Analyst Intern, Corporate & Investment Banking
Société Générale (May 2016 - Aug. 2016)
- Software Engineering Intern, Research & Development
Ericsson (Sep. 2015 - Mar. 2016)
- Research Assistant, Optical Networks-on-chip (ONoC)
Advisor: Prof. Jelena Trajkovic
Concordia University (May 2015 - Aug. 2015)
- Research Intern, Signal Processing
Advisors: Prof. William E. Lynch & Prof. Glenn Cowan
Thales Group &
Concordia University (Nov. 2013 - Nov. 2014)
- Software Engineering Intern, Android Team
Immersion Corporation (Sep. 2013 - Dec. 2013, May 2014 - Aug. 2014)
Awards and Scholarships
- Cheriton Symposium Poster Presentation - 1st Place, University of Waterloo, 2018
- David R. Cheriton Scholarship, University of Waterloo, 2017-2019
- SIGMOD 2017 Travel Award, SIGMOD, 2017
- Graduate Entrance Scholarship, University of Waterloo, 2016-2017
- Senior Engineering Design Project Award, Concordia University, 2015-2016
- Junior Engineering Design Project Award, Concordia University, 2014-2015
- Dean's List, Engineering & Computer Science, Concordia University, 2012-2014